This week Morris and Sergio chat about security and privacy in the context of the Internet of Things (IoT). Let us know what you think on Twitter!
- Internet of Things with Azure’s Steve Busby on Software Engineering Daily
- IPv4 (Wikipedia)
- IPv6 (Wikipedia)
- General Data Protection Regulation (Wikipedia)
- David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH) on Google Home advertising
- Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It by Andy Greenberg in Wired
- Internet of Shit (Twitter)
- Hugo Teso - Going Deeper on Aviation Security (Youtube). A different take (Quora)
- Plain Text Offenders, a site documenting sites that appear to be saving passwords in plain text. They should be doing Salted Password Hashing.
- Haunted by Data, referenced in the context of PII as “toxic waste”
- Data from connected CloudPets teddy bears leaked and ransomed, exposing kids’ voice messages
- Andrew Huang has a lot of great content on intellectual property in the Shenzhen ecosystem. Start with The $12 “Gongkai” Phone and Episode 3: A New Breed of Intellectual Property (part of a WIRED Documentary).
- Apache Kafka
- Amazon Kinesis